So I needed to Install Webmin on Ubuntu server 14.x, to make it a Little bit easier for a Linux NOOB like myself to manage my servers.
Searching high and low I have here compiled what I had to do to get this done.
- Find a link for the webmin version that should be downloaded and installed here: Webmin Downloads in my case I chose to take the debian package, as I can install this and dependencies this way
- On your server do the following commands
- wget http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/webadmin/webmin_1.770_all.deb
- dpkg -i webmin_1.770_all.deb (It will complain about missing dependencies if any, but do not despair)
- sudo apt-get -f install (This fixes the problems with dependencies)
After a short while you should see a message like this:
Webmin install complete. You can now login to https://linux:10000/
as root with your root password, or as any user who can use sudo
to run commands as root.
Fire up your browser and go to https://linux:10000 (Replace Linux with your servers IP or hostname)
Does not work stil ???
There could be several reasons but first of have a look here:
Maybe you need to configure the Ubuntu Firewall to open port 10000